Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rant #7: The Haruhi Shipping Wars

This blog is becoming more and more like my shipping angst!

Anyway, I am getting more and more into YukiKyon.

People keep thinking Haruhi is pursuing Kyon and Kyon is totally oblivious to Haruhi's affections...Not true. By the end of Melancholy, Kyon realized the truth...

...and didn't care.

What about Haruhi, you say? Ah, if it's that girl, then I'm not worried at all. Haruhi would usually ignore any guy that dares to pursue her. Should the skies one day fall and Haruhi actually begins to go out with someone, then she wouldn't be busy looking for aliens or time travelers. That should be a good news for the Earth, and I'm sure Koizumi would be delighted at the decrease in workload.
After that, the turbulent and surreal part of my life would come to an end. Maybe that day would really arrive, but I was sure it wasn't now.
-The Wavering of Suzumiya Haruhi - "Charmed at First Sight LOVER"

As for ItsuKyon...Never gonna happen! This is fangirlism!

"I guess you could say a cold shiver just went down my spine. Now let me set the record straight, I am an absolutely normal heterosexual male. My preference for "the same team" weighs less than that of a humming bird, in other words, it's non-existent. Whether subconsciously or unconsciously, my preference has been "straight". See? Aren't I right? My body would go hot just thinking about Asahina-san. If Koizumi had called me saying such stuff, I would've hung up already. By the way, I'm not bisexual either. Do I make myself clear?"
-The Wavering of Suzumiya Haruhi - "Charmed at First Sight LOVER"

and

"But I do. I've said it many times already, I'm not interested in "the other side". Koizumi, all you needed to do is just quietly play your part as the commentator for the game. This is just between me, Nagato and Nakagawa."
-The Wavering of Suzumiya Haruhi - "Charmed at First Sight LOVER"



And there you go.

Kyon's not the type to be "in denial", anyway, because he calls himself an "easy-to-understand guy".

So, what about Yuki?

In Disappearance, Kyon even grabs her hand; Yuki pulls his sleeve; in Charmed at First Sight LOVER Kyon even states his jealousy over Yuki being "curious" in Nakagawa and Nakagawa being in love with Yuki; Kyon goes into the impact of her in the Disappearance arc and her sleeve-pulling; he even says that:

"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously. No matter what happens, Haruhi would always find a way out, Asahina-san only needs to remain as herself, while Koizumi can go to hell for all I care, but..."
-The Wavering of Suzumiya Haruhi - "Charmed at First Sight LOVER"

Why are YOU in denial?

End Rant.

-Aster

1 comment:

  1. I'll just play the devil's advocate for the lawlz.

    People still ship HaruKyon because of Season 1's events. Fans also cite that Yuki, in the end, will probably not be able to be with Kyon on account of her being an "obeserver only" (which goes the same for Mikuru)...and also Haruhi would go mad with jealousy. Though, she seems to never be suspicious of Yuki.

    On another note, opponents also probably don't want inter-racial relationships. Tch.

    You've also forgotten to add that Yuki is one of Tanigawa Nagaru's favorite characters. His author's note (forgot which volume it was for, though) specifically said that she had the most potential for growth and that he would like to see how she would develop. Author's favorites tend to have good ends.

    KyonMiku is plausible, but doubtful for me. Mikuru is too timid and too respectful of her uppers' wishes. KyonMiku probably has as much chance as TsuruMiku (This pairing is actually pretty popular, disturbingly enough. How very...cute.).

    And of course ItsuKyon is fangirlism. I'd like to see someone try and prove that it's canon.

    ReplyDelete